The panel, moderated by Attorney Minakshi Hemlani, consisted of attorney and former Guam Senator Robert Klitzkie, Attorney Ignacio Aguigui, and former Congressman and current President of the University of Guam, Dr. Robert Underwood. [click here to read their short biographies]
The new panel attorney hourly rates of $132 for non-capital representations and $185 for capital representations apply to services performed on or after May 5, 2017. Where the appointment of counsel occurred before May 5, 2017, the new hourly compensation rates apply to that portion of services provided on or after the effective date.
CJA Panel Attorney Case Compensation Maximums
Visit the links below for specific information about the court's Administrative Procedures and Style Guide for electronic filing:
Here is a chart of the court's felony and class A misdemeanor filings since 2007:
More information may be found here: http://www.gud.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/documents/statistics_for_12_months_ending_20160930.pdf
"Electronic filing has matured. Most districts have adopted local rules that require electronic filing, and allow reasonable exceptions as required by the former rule. The time has come to seize the advantages of electronic filing by making it mandatory in all districts, except for filings made by an individual not represented by an attorney. But exceptions continue to be available. Paper filing must be allowed for good cause. And a local rule may allow or require paper filing for other reasons."
Pursuant to 48 U.S.C. §1424b(a), Ninth Circuit Chief Judge Sidney Thomas designated:
- Hon. Ramona Villagomez Manglona, United States Chief District Judge from the District of the Northern Mariana Islands,
- Hon. Alex R. Munson, United States Senior District Judge from the District of Northern Mariana Islands,
- Hon. Alberto C. Lamorena, III, Presiding Judge of the Superior Court of Guam,
- Hon. Michael J. Bordallo, Judge of the Superior Court of Guam,
|Motion to Lift Automatic Stay; Compel Abandonment; Withdrawal of Reference of a Case; Motion for the Sale of Property Free and Clear of Liens||$181.00|
|Amended Bankruptcy Schedules||
New features include:
- A feature slider (slideshow) that highlights content important to the public and bar.
- Responsive, e.g. looks good on smartphones and iPads.
- A revised and streamlined menu system.
- Enhanced search capabilities.
- And much more!